Saturday, June 18, 2016

Welcome!! So What's This All About....................




Hi There!  Thanks for stopping by!  Welcome to my blog.  My name is Lisa Collins.  I am a wife, mother to 3 phenomenal children, (currently 6, 5 and 1.......yes I am busy, yes my hands are full....you don't know how I do it?  Well I don't really have an option when the primary endpoint is their survival, yes I do get tired, yes, yes, and yes..........), and I am a Pharmaceutical Industry Professional.

I have worked in the pharmaceutical industry for 16 years, and if there is one thing that I have realized, it's that most people don't know what I do, (including those closest to me, like my mom and my best friend, lol).  I am often asked, What is it that you do?  What is clinical research?  How do I get into the industry? What job opportunities exist? How do those drugs get onto the market?  What are all of those companies up to?  What is a Biotech?..........I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.  The Pharmaceutical Industry is a bit of an enigma to those on the outside, and even parts of it are a mystery to those of us on the inside.

So here is my opportunity to answer the many questions that I am asked on a regular basis, and to satisfy some of my own curiosities.  I'll give you my advice, my opinions, I'll chat to people across the industry, I'll chat to my industry friends!  I'll keep an eye on the latest industry happenings. I'll bring you all of this and more from my perspective, a pharmaceutical professional, raising a family while on my journey to living a purposeful life.

If there is anything that you would like to know about the Pharmaceutical Industry, (or juggling 3 mini people with the demands of making new drugs), feel free to drop me a line and I will respond as best as I am able.

So here we go, journey into my world of drugs, minis and everything me!  

See you later!



3 comments:

  1. Ha! Drugs and minis. A match made in...wait, that doesn't sound right does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No....no it doesn't.....LOL! But that happens often, it doesn't sound right, but it is!

      Delete